Communication and Events Intern
Position: ASC Communication & Events Intern
Responsible to: ASC Communication Manager
Responsible for: Supporting ASC’s communication and events related activities
Location & Contract: Brussels, Belgium, Full time
Salary and benefits: 500 euro per month stipend (plus travel costs if applicable)
Date: 28 January 2019
The communication department at the Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is currently looking for:
Communications & Events Intern
Are you a hands-on communication student who would like to gain experience in multi-stakeholder communication in a fast-paced and international environment? Do you want to get involved in promoting sustainable seafood to a growing global population? Are you available for six months?
Join ASC for an exciting and challenging internship where you will learn a lot and develop new skills in a short time. The field of responsible aquaculture is moving forward rapidly and our communication team needs support.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their understanding of communication practices while gaining practical experience in online communication, communication planning, producing communication materials, as well as gaining an insight into stakeholder relationship management.
You will work with the communication department to support the communication team’s day-to-day activities. We give you direct responsibility and your own projects in order to work independently. You will
- Draft, edit, proofread articles for the website and the blog
- Help prepare newsletters
- Develop digital and print content such as flyers, infographics, slideshows and videos
- Help organise ASC audio-visual and communication archive
- Help manage and monitor social media
- Help plan content for social media
- Support the organisation of international events in Europe, North America, and China
There will be also time to develop your own ideas to help further your personal development.
What we are looking for
- Bachelor or masters in communication, international relations, environmental science (currently studying)
- Proven ability to write effectively and concisely for online or print
- Fluent in English (spoken and with a high standard of written English)
- Willingness to use initiative and work independently
- Hands-on mentality
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Experience in event management
- A demonstrable interest in sustainable food production systems, sustainability, and environmental issues is a plus
- Valid working permit for Belgium
- Minimum availability of 6 months
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 by World Wildlife Fund (WWF) and IDH The Sustainable Trade Initiative. We are a global organisation working with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood. Aquaculture is the fastest growing food production system in the world. As the industry grows, so does its footprint on the environment and on local communities. ASC’s mission is to transform the aquaculture sector towards environmental sustainability and social responsibility. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org
If you are interested in joining us, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date: 24 February 2019
Interview date: commencing week of 4 March 2019
Start date: 1 April 2019