Supply Chain Assurance Manager
Responsible to: Senior Supply Chain Assurance Manager
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full time, 12 month fixed term contract with possibility to extend
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is an independent, non-profit organisation, which sets global standards for responsible aquaculture. ASC promotes responsible aquaculture to consumers through the use of its logo on certified products.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood in the market to encourage industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The Programme Assurance Team (PAT) manages all key process that interface with accreditation and certification to ensure the application of the ASC standards and accreditation and certification requirements are robust, consistent and deliver on the intent of the ASC Programme. This includes overseeing the MSC/ASC Chain of Custody certification processes, among other related activities.
The ASC is currently seeking a Supply Chain Assurance Manager to join the PAT. The role will lead projects and operations that are essential to maintaining and improving confidence of stakeholders in our assurance services.
For more information around the role and the full TOR, please click here.
- Lead and implement projects to develop and/or improve new/existing tools such as Key Data Elements (KDE), Supplier Monitoring Tool, and so on.
- Lead and implement projects to improve efficiency in the supply chain.
- Handle incidents and implement due diligence in collaboration with colleagues within ASC and partners (Marine Stewardship Council – MSC, supply chain companies).
- Provide input into various policy development processes within ASC (ASC standard setting, setting Certification and Accreditation Requirement – CAR, MSC Chain of Custody – CoC – standard and certification requirements).
- Contribute to developing and implementing PA strategies to achieve the ASC vision and mission.
- Other tasks as required within the team.
Required skills and experience
- Proven working experience, preferably in seafood supply chains
- Experience with data analysis
- Strong project management experience
- Experience in reading test results from laboratory
- Experience with chain of custody or any other food safety certification
- Experience and/or good knowledge in different traceability platforms/technologies
- Good knowledge of how certification schemes work
- Fluent in English, with other languages considered an asset
- Experience or knowledge in anti fraud works would be an asset
- Independent but with a strong sense of being part of the team (team work)
- Solution-oriented and improvement driven
- Ability and confidence to take decisions
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to: email@example.com by 20th September 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to interview.