Market Development Manager, Canada
Responsible to: Regional Manager North America
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Terms to be agreed
Date written: February 2020
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public globally to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood.
The ASC is a growing organisation. We have now almost 50 people spread all over the globe. There are five functional teams covering: Standards and Science, Programme Assurance, Market Development, Communications and Administration. We have our headquarter office in Utrecht/ the Netherlands. All other staff predominantly work from home or within the offices of partner organisations across the globe.
For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
Purpose of the post
Contribute to expanding the penetration of the ASC certification and labelling programme in the Canada. The role will promote the ASC’s mission and contribute to a growing momentum on responsible seafood and enhance the quality of key (commercial) stakeholders engagement in the country, including Canadian producers to fulfil domestic and international demand.
- Contribute to the market specific Country working plan to expand presence and build awareness for the ASC programme (key stakeholders, commercial partners, activities and resources needed).
- Support the deepening of our relationships with committed key retailers and brands and explore ways to increase the number of ASC labelled products.
- Expand relationships with relevant and prioritised commercial partners to foster their commitment to the ASC programme.
- Engage and increase the number of suppliers and promote and drive uptake of Chain of Custody (CoC) certification.
- Improve the quality and efficiency of our service to the supply chain partners in Canada in their needs to confidently source and sell certified seafood (understand the programme, sourcing needs, providing marketing materials etc.).
- Conduct outreach to producers in Canada and support them to participate in the programme to meet local demand for ASC certified seafood or demand for export purpose.
- Respond to farming sector inquiries regarding the ASC standards, CoC, our various certification methodologies and the certification process.
- Expand and strengthen relationships and collaboration with local NGOs, other rating and certification programs and consumer organisations in building trust and awareness around the ASC certification programme.
- Create and lever opportunities of commercial partners in communication and marketing efforts to promote certified seafood to end-consumers and build recognition of the ASC logo.
- Collaborate closely with ASC’s communication team to support commercial partners in their marketing needs and champion them (through PR) when reaching important mile-stones.
- Collaborate closely with ASC’s Programme Assurance Team to educate and inform partners to maintain the credibility and integrity of the ASC certification and labelling programme.
- Coordinate and organise ASC events for supply chain companies or companies interested in certification.
- Provide feedback to ASC about expectations and wishes of commercial partners regarding the further development of the ASC programme and actively engage commercial partners in relevant technical projects and revisions to further improve our programme.
- Represent ASC at Canadian meetings and conferences where relevant seafood issues are discussed and where opportunities exist to promote the ASC programme.
- Strengthening the collaboration with the MSC in support of ASC’s efforts to service the Canadian market.
- Collaborate closely with the Market Development team colleagues in the US and the positive collaboration within the global Market Development team
- Any other duties, as requested by the Regional Manager North America.
Key Qualifications: Applicants must have
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent experience/qualification.
- At least three years’ proven and relevant working experience in the Canadian seafood and/ or sustainability sector.
- Network in the seafood/ sustainability sector in Canada.
- Solid knowledge about the role of certification in the seafood sector, knowledge of environmental and sustainability issues and insight into the evolving, global landscape of sustainable seafood.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Proven stakeholder management experience.
- Being able to explain in meetings technical details of the programme in an understandable way, and at the same be present and solid to manoeuvre discussions in a direction that builds support for the role of certification in making aquaculture responsible.
- A sound business attitude and results-oriented, at the same time you listen and have strong interpersonal skills with the ability to garner support and cooperation.
- Proven ability to drive forward a successful joint working relationship with external partners turning a client into an ambassador
- Good writing skills both for daily communication, but also corporate outreach materials.
- Good judgement and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional organisational skills, capable to work independently, experience with planning and executing outreach sessions and events.
- Ability to work as part of a globally operating, rapidly growing team, but also the skills and character to work remotely.
- And not unimportant …. an enthusiastic, self-motivating and fun colleague to work with.
- Native in English, preferably good written and spoken French.
Location: Preferably central or east Canada
Line management: Responsible to Regional Manager North America
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: 40 hours a week. The ASC supports flexible working arrangements so employees can vary their pattern of hours according to operational and personal needs. Weekend work may be required. No payments are available for overtime, but time off in lieu may be granted.
Travel: Travelling within Canada is part of the job, you must be willing to travel internationally when required
Holidays: 20 days per annum.
Equal Opportunities: ASC is an equal opportunities employer.
Please e-mail a cover letter, and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to: email@example.com
Application closing date: April 30, 2020. ASC reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive suitable application.
Selection process: Your CV and motivational letter will be reviewed. A short list of candidates will be invited to take part in initial interviews. Successful candidates will be asked to an interview in person at a location to be determined and may be required to prepare a presentation to demonstrate communication proficiency.