Position: Marketing Officer
Location: Paris, France
Period: Asap, for 9 months (March 2021)
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Either a temporary contract for a self-employed professional (max. 3 days/ week) or a temporary contract (could be full-time) (within budget)
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public globally to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org
What are we looking for?
We are seeking a hands-on, pro-active and creative marketing officer to support the ASC campaign team with organizing and executing various activities for the 5th multi-partner awareness campaign in France in February 2021.
You will be supporting the Campaign manager (based in Italy) and the Market Development manager (based in Paris). Together you form the local team responsible for delivering on the campaign objectives in collaboration with our co-organizer MSC following our global processes to assure quality. You are eager to excel in providing support to maximize impact of the campaign.
You will support the creation, conception and deployment of various marketing activities and assets, for ourselves, but even more important also toolkits and assets that can be used by our commercial and institutional partners. Ideally you have experience in campaign development – from objective setting, through creative development to media buying. You are savvy on social media marketing, are creative on content development and like writing. You will support B2B outreach to engage partners inspiring them to deploy their channels to leverage our message towards French consumers about making a responsible choice for seafood. You will support with organizing impactful events. And of course, with data collection, analytics and surveys to measure and evaluate the achievements of the campaign. We can rely on you in getting things done, you have a punctual way of working and bring a true team-spirit. All in all, you are an energetic and passionate marketer eager to strengthen your work experience in a fascinating NGO environment, and able to interact with a variety of stakeholders to make the campaign a success!
Project management support:
- Support the campaign manager with planning and campaign management by e.g. making minutes, action lists, etc. in order to deliver assets and activities in time and within budget
- Support working relationships with agencies and suppliers (e.g. by compiling briefings, finding agencies, evaluate pitches) and following up on work as it develops
- Support data collection for evaluating the results against set objectives and KPIs (e.g. in store monitoring, social media and through Panelwizard)
- Data analysis and quantification of results (including social media)
- Create a presentation summarizing the results
Commerical partner marketing support:
- Manage mailbox and be first point of contact for request of commercial partners
- Write and send client focussed mailings to retailers and brands to provide them with regular updates of the campaign
- Approval of partners instore and online communication materials according to Style Guide
- Support the creation, production and deployment of a marketing toolkit, and/ or assets and a social media toolkit for partners
- Producing and copy writing of brochures and other campaign assets for partners
Digital marketing & copy writing:
- Help build the ASC campaign landing page on the French ASC micro-site
- Produce content and copy writing for landing pages, micro-site, web banners and social media
- Contribute to a social media plan and content development for the campaign
- Support creation, production and deployment of B2B and B2C assets
- Copy writing for press releases and other communication outlets
Event management & educational partners:
- Support organizing events e.g. with education/institution partners or a PR event (incl. venue location, finding speakers, drafting programmes, onsite logistics, look & feel and support)
- Production of supportive marketing materials for events
- Support the creation, production and deployment of a marketing materials, assets and/ or a social media toolkit for educational partners
- Support invitation follow up to ensure high attendance
- In person administration and stakeholder management during campaign events and activities
- Relevant Master degree in communications, marketing, advertising and/ or media studies
- Demonstrable relevant work experience e.g. in events, marketing or PR
- Native French speaker, fluency in English
- Good writing skills for B2B and B2C audience
- Basic design skills in Indesign, Photoshop or Illustrator
- A creative mind and no fear to speak up
- An experienced/exceptional work-planner and multi-tasker
- Able to work with and liaise with stakeholders/partners at all levels
- Affinity with environmental and social sustainability and the objectives of the campaign
The ASC supports flexible working so employees can vary their pattern of hours according to operational and personal needs. Weekend work may be required. No payments are available for overtime, but time-off in lieu may be granted.
Application date: asap, we will start reviewing from 10 July 2020 onwards.
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV (both in French and English) via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also send us a text example that you have written (e.g. a page for a website, an article for a newspaper or a magazine, a text for a social media campaign or an advert) preferably for a consumer audience.
Selection process: Your CV, cover letter and writing sample will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Short listed candidates will be invited to take part in an interview (preferably in person with Market Development manager, including campaign manager on line). Candidates might be asked to submit additional written materials. The vacancy will be closed if a suitable candidate is found.
Date posted: 25 June 2020.