Monitoring & Evaluation Data Analyst
Responsible to: Head of Standards and Science
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Initial 1 year Fixed Term Contract
Location: Flexible, terms to be agreed
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is an independent, non-profit organisation, which sets global standards for responsible aquaculture. ASC promotes responsible aquaculture to consumers through the use of its logo on certified products.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood in the market to encourage industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The ASC is currently seeking a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Data Analyst to work with our Standards and Science team to develop the ASC’s M&E program and to clean, analyse and report on data and how it is collected, as required for both internal and external ASC communication.
- Data sorting, cleaning, analysis and reporting in response to internal and external requests and in contribution to ongoing reporting plans
- Assisting in the compilation and updating of evidence relevant for ensuring continued compliance against the ISEAL impacts code
- Design and testing of digital data collection tools in collaboration with the M&E coordinator and PAT team
- Sourcing and analysis of relevant third party data
- Input into the design, commissioning and analysis of impacts research
- Input into revisions of the ASC M&E framework
Required skills and experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Relevant Masters (MSc) degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrable relevant working experience
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methods, data manipulation and visualisation;
- Familiarity with relational databases and relevant software/scripting languages (SPSS/R/python);
- Proven ability to present analytical findings in way that’s understandable for non-experts
- Understanding of environmental and social issues of the aquaculture industry and the role of third-party certification systems in addressing these;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills;
- Independent, self-motivating, working attitude and ability to make pragmatic decisions;
- An enthusiastic, self-motivating and fun colleague to work with.
- Experience with social science data collection methodologies would also be an advantage
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to: email@example.com by August 30th 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to take part in an initial screening. Successful candidates will be asked for an interview.