Programme Assurance Manager
Responsible to: Senior Programme Assurance Manager
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: 12 months with possibility to extent
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is an independent, non-profit organisation, which sets global standards for responsible aquaculture. ASC promotes responsible aquaculture to consumers through the use of its logo on certified products.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood in the market to encourage industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The Programme Assurance Team (PAT) manages all key process that interface with accreditation and certification to ensure the application of the ASC standards and accreditation and certification requirements are robust, consistent and deliver on the intent of the ASC Programme. This includes overseeing the MSC/ASC Chain of Custody certification processes, among other related activities.
The ASC is currently seeking a Programme Assurance Manager to join the PAT. The role will provide ASC credible assurance services to both Conformity Assessment Bodies (CABs) and certificate holders to make sure that ASC standards and requirements are appropriately adhered to and effectively enforced.
- Leading the Quality Assurance (QA) improvement project in collaboration with colleagues from Standards & Science Team
- Handling challenging questions and situations arising from scheme users and stakeholders (certificate holders, auditors, certification bodies’ scheme managers, and others)
- Maintaining continued compliance/alignment with ISEAL Assurance Code, GSSI and other initiative(s)
- Handling incidents and implement due diligence in collaboration with colleagues within ASC and partners (ASI – the ASC appointed accreditation body)
- Providing input into various policy development processes within ASC (ASC standard setting, setting Certification and Accreditation Requirement – CAR)
- Contributing to developing and implementing PA strategies to achieve the ASC vision and mission.
- Other tasks as required within the team.
Required skills and experience
- Demostrable working experience
- Certification auditing experience as a third party auditor
- Profound knowledge of aquaculture certification schemes in general and ASC in particular
- Proven records of independent project management
- Experience in working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Background in aquaculture or at least in agriculture
- Fluent in English with other languages considered an asset.
- Strong decision maker.
- Solution oriented with the ability to work under pressure
- A passion for detail while not losing the bigger picture
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to: email@example.com asap. This vacancy will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. Applications will be considered as they are submitted.
Applications will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to interview.