Project Officer for Semaine de la Peche Responsable, France
Responsible to: Global Seafood Campaign Manager
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: 2 days a week for 6 months (October – March) and full time during SPR 17-23rd Feb 2020.
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is an independent, non-profit organisation, which sets global standards for responsible aquaculture. ASC promotes responsible aquaculture to consumers through the use of its logo on certified products.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood in the market to encourage industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The ASC is currently seeking a Project Officer in Paris to work with the MSC on the planning, coordination and implementation of the Semaine de la Peche Responsible (SPR) in February 2020.
- Coordinate internal SPR activities including managing invoices, agendas, minutes and follow up actions
- Manage commercial engagements including;
- Preparing and sending mailings to commercial participants
- Updating the visual & in-store toolkit campaign for commercial participants
- Administering received signed declarations of participation
- Checking / approving the statements / materials in-store submitted by commercial participants (in close coordination with MSCi)
- Registering campaign plans of commercial participants
- Keeping contacts database up to date
- Managing the joint ASC –MSC mailbox
- Support development of campaign assets (e.g. joint newspaper, events, food video production) and social media strategy
- Support logistic organisation of events and other media approaches
- Develop and send Social media toolkit to commercial participants and institutional partners
- Work together with ASC Comms team on the ASC campaign landing page
- Conduct campaign evaluations
- Coordinate the collection of expressions / materials developed by the commercial participants (off and online) during the campaign weeks
- Coordinate store checks during the campaign weeks
- Provide data analysis and quantification of the results of the campaigns
Required skills and experience
- Fluent in spoken and written English and French
- Good organizational skills and time management
- Proactive attitude and “can do” mentality
- Works precisely and accurately
- Experience with working in marketing campaigns in Paris
- Experience with social media (strategy)
- Affinity with sustainability and the objective of the campaign
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org asap.