Senior Supply Chain Assurance Manager
Responsible to: Head of Programme Assurance
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full time
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is an independent, non-profit organisation, which sets global standards for responsible aquaculture. ASC promotes responsible aquaculture to consumers through the use of its logo on certified products.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood in the market to encourage industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The Programme Assurance Team (PAT) manages all key process that interface with accreditation and certification to ensure the application of the ASC standards and accreditation and certification requirements are robust, consistent and deliver on the intent of the ASC Programme. This includes overseeing the MSC/ASC Chain of Custody certification processes, among other related activities.
The ASC is currently seeking a Senior Supply Chain Assurance Manager to join the PAT. The role will lead the Supply Chain sub-team while leading projects and operations that are essential to maintaining and improving confidence of stakeholders in our assurance services.
For more information around the role and the full TOR, please click here.
Technical and content related (85% capacity)
- Lead projects to improve ASC programme oversight and programme assurance
- Improve supply chain assurance risk management, including development of a mechanism to identify/assess risks for different species and supply chains, proposal and implementation of risks management measures
- Oversee and contribute to assurance incidents handling
- Contribute to development and implementation of PAT strategies to support delivery of ASC’s vision and mission
- Support and provide input to other PAT and Standards & Science projects as required, e.g. (new) standard development/review, review of the Certification and Accreditation Requirements (CAR), review of the Logo License Agreement (LLA), etc.
People management related (15% capacity)
- Line-manage sub-team Supply Chain within PAT, including regular/period check-in sessions with sub-team members to steer the project implementation and deliverables, and performance review talks
Required skills and experience
- Extensive, proven working experience
- Proven working experience with Chain of Custody certification on either side (e.g. standard setting, auditing/assessing or certificate holder)
- Profound knowledge of aquaculture certification schemes in general and ASC in particular
- Experience in managing a team
- Experience in working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Background in private sector and hi-tech especially in traceability is an asset
- Fluent in English with other languages considered an asset
- Strong decision maker
- Solution oriented and technology driven
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 20th September 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to interview.