- 40 m
- 1 Sweet potato, chopped into rounds
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt, to taste
- 1 bunch broccolini
- 2 ASC certified salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
Instructions / directions
Using ASC certified salmon, responsibly farmed in Tasmania, this Japanese-inspired recipe is full of healthy fats, nutrients and made with low-GI sweet potato. It’s the perfect summer meal for the coming warmer months.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or 390°F. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sweet potato on the baking tray, leaving room for the salmon and broccolini, and drizzle with 1 tbsp coconut oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle sesame seeds and sea salt. Roast in oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade by placing all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Remove the tray from oven and add the broccolini. Drizzle the remaining coconut oil and another sprinkle of sea salt. Next, place the two salmon fillets in the middle of the baking tray and drizzle over the marinade. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it’s cooked to your liking. Serve with brown rice, if desired.