- 55 m
For 4 persons
- 4 rainbow trout, ready to cook, gutted, frozen
- 100g butter
- 100g mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- 25cl cream
- 5cl cognac
- 3 tablespoons of mustard
- 20cl white wine
- Salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
- Defrost the rainbow trout and keep them in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Peel and cut into strips the shallots. Cut the mushrooms into pieces.
- Put the shallots, mushrooms, the white wine, the cognac, some salt and pepper in a pan and cook it.
- After a few minutes, add the cream and cook for a few minutes longer. Then mix it with 80g butter and season with salt and pepper. Keep it warm.
- Butter a baking dish and put the trout in it. Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Take the trout out of the oven; remove the skin from the trout. Serve on a plate with the mustard sauce.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.