- 55 m
- 4 whole, gutted, ASC certified rainbow trout, defrost if frozen
- 100g butter
- 100g mushrooms (sliced)
- 2 shallots (sliced into strips)
- 250ml cream
- 50ml cognac
- 3tbsp mustard
- 200ml white wine
- salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
- Preheat the oven to 210°C.
- Butter a baking dish and place the trout in. Bake in the oven for 12 to 14 minutes.
- Put the shallots, mushrooms, white wine, cognac and a pinch of salt and pepper in a pan on a medium/high heat.
- After a few minutes, add the cream and cook for a few minutes longer.
- Stir in 80g butter and season to taste.
- Take the trout out of the oven; remove the skin from the trout. Serve on a plate with the mustard sauce.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.