- 10g/ 1 1⁄2 oz ASC-MSC certified dried seaweed - wakame
- 180g/ 6 1⁄4 oz rice noodles
- 4 tbsp miso paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp finely grated ginger
- 160g/ 5 1⁄2 oz Oyster mushrooms, finely shredded
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 225g/ 8 oz silken, firm or smoked tofu, cut into 2cm cubes
- 80g/ 3 1⁄4 oz beansprouts
- 2 carrots, peeled then peeled into very thin slices
- 1 red chilli, seeded and sliced
Instructions / directions
If you’re feeling a little run down, this healing bowl of ramen is sure to be just the ticket.
It’s packed full of nourishing mushrooms, nutritious seaweed and filing tofu. Grab your favourite bowl and tuck in!
- Pour 1 litre of water into a large saucepan, then add the dried seaweed and allow to soften for 10 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions then drain, rinse and drain and set aside.
- Bring the seaweed pan to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer. Add the miso paste, soy sauce and ginger and whisk to combine.
- Add the mushrooms and spring onions, and simmer for 2-3 minutes until just softened then stir in tofu and bean sprouts and heat for 1 minute.
- Divide the noodles between serving bowls and ladle the soup over. Scatter the chilli on top and serve straightaway.