- 25 m
For 4 persons
- 4 x 120g ASC certified Dutch Yellowtail fillets
- 50g butter
- 200g fregola
- olive oil
- 2 small shallots (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped smoked bacon
- 1/8 fresh lemon zest
- 500 to 700ml vegetable or chicken stock
- 50g Pecorino (grated)
- 75g chestnut mushrooms (quartered)
- salt and black pepper
Instructions / directions
- Heat some olive oil in a frying pan and sweat the shallots and garlic over a low heat until translucent. Add the bacon and mushrooms and sauté together.
- Pour in the fregola, add three-quarters of the stock and slowly bring the contents of the pan to a boil, occasionally stirring it through. Reduce heat and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes until the fregola has absorbed all the moisture. Add extra stock as required.
- Add the Pecorino and season with black pepper, salt and lemon zest.
- Season the fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Briefly fry both sides in butter in a hot pan until they change colour then remove – it should still be pink in the middle.
- Put a serving of the risotto on a plate, top with the fish and garnish with rocket.
This recipe is brought to you by Kingfish Zeeland
Established in 2015, Kingfish Zeeland offers ASC certified Dutch Yellowtail (Yellowtail Kingfish – Latin: Seriola Lalandi).
Kingfish Zeeland is situated in the picturesque Zeeland province of the Netherlands and uses innovative RAS-technology to produce its fish on land. Fresh seawater is drawn from the Eastern-Schelde waterbody which is part of a Natura 2000 area and boasts some of the cleanest seawater to be found in all Europe.
What distinguishes Kingfish Zeeland even more is their control over the entire life-cycle of the fish, starting from spawning of their own brood stock to produce fingerlings that grow in tanks under optimal conditions, using no antibiotics, hormones, nor vaccines or any other medication, during the entire life-cycle.
This ensures consistent quality, availability and fresh supply year-round.