- 120 m
A perfect recipe for entertaining, the firm, meaty texture of Cobia makes it an ideal fish for grilling. Enjoy with a crisp white wine for casual entertaining with friends.
- 4x 4oz (120g) Cobia portions
- 12 pcs green asparagus
- 8 baby carrots
- 4 baby onions
- 4 finely cut slices fennel
- salt and pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 sprig wild thyme
- 1 point of a knife of fennel powder
- lemon juice
- olive oil
- pinch of chili pepper
Instructions / directions
- Dry the fennel slices for about two hours on a plate covered with parchment paper in an oven heated to 100°C /210 F.
- Peel the asparagus and the carrots and blanch them in boiling water separately and cool them immediately.
- Brush the Cobia pieces and the vegetables with some olive oil. Place the Cobia pieces and the vegetables on a very hot grill or griddle pan. To achieve an attractive crisscross pattern, lift the fish and vegetables and lay the opposite way and allow to cook for a few minutes before turning over to grill other side.
- To prepare the spiced oil, in a bowl, mix five tablespoons of fruited olive oil with the chopped garlic clove, the sprig of wild thyme with leaves removed, the fennel powder, the chopped pepper with seeds removed, and the lemon juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To serve, arrange each piece of Cobia on a warm plate; arrange the vegetables in a contrasting manner. Garnish with a light dash of spiced oil. This dish is also great with olive oil mashed potatoes and fleur de sel.