- 30 m
- 2 skinned fresh salmon fillets - look for the ASC logo in Sainsburys supermarkets to ensure ethical and sustainable fish
- 6-8 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- 2-3 seeded rye crispbreads
- handful fresh chopped coriander
- black pepper & olive oil
- salad/asparagus/peas to serve
- sweet potato wedges or couscous to serve
Instructions / directions
We are delighted to work leading Dietician Nichola Ludlam-Raine who runs the Nic’s Nutrition blog on one of her all-time favourite oily-fish recipes. This salmon topped with Greek yoghurt and crushed rye crackers was created using ASC-certified Scottish salmon. It’s easy to make and is one of the recommended two portions of fish a week we need to keep our hearts healthy.
Salmon raised in ASC farms have the room to move in fresh, clean waters, meaning it’s better for the health of the environment and better for the fish’s welfare. ASC meets the highest standards to protect and restore oceans, coasts and wildlife. Look out for salmon with the ASC logo, because it means the salmon has been raised in a responsible way – from the feed they eat to the welfare of the fish and the workers involved.
- Pre-heat your oven to 200 degrees C (fan).
- Spread the salmon steaks with Greek yoghurt (mixed with the black pepper).
- Crush 1-2 rye crackers per salmon steak (depending on the size), add your fresh coriander & top onto the yoghurt generously. Sprinkle with black pepper & olive oil.
- Bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until cooked.
- Serve with salad leave or green vegetables & couscous or sweet potato wedges (all optional!)