- 45 m
- 1kg whole ASC certified sea bass (gutted and scaled)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (diced)
- 3 carrots (diced)
- 2 courgettes (diced)
- 2-3 stalks celery
- 1 bunch parsley (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes (grated)
- olive oil
- salt & pepper
- juice of 2 lemons
Instructions / directions
- In a large pan add the onion, potatoes, carrots, courgette, celery, parsley and bay leaves to 2 litres of boiling water. Season with salt and pepper. Boil until the vegetables are cooked (20-25 minutes).
- Remove the vegetables ( and keep) and add the fish to the pan. Boil for 20 minutes (until cooked).
- Remove the fish (and keep) and sieve the broth through a colander, into a clean pot.
- Either serve the sliced vegetables and fish in the broth with a bit of lemon juice or serve the soup in a bowl and the vegetables and fish on a side plate.
- Optionally add a few mussels and/or prawns to your soup just 4-5 minutes before you remove from heat.
This recipe is brought to you by Kefalonia Fisheries
Kefalonia Fisheries is a premium sea bass & sea bream producer established in Greece in 1981. Dedicated to preserving the time-honored way of life on a Greek island, the company raises pure, natural seafood in the crystal-clear waters of the Mediterranean, using traditional methods. Kefalonia Fisheries offers a wide range of products of superior quality, authentic taste and excellent nutritional value, including the XL sea bass, the sustainable alternative to wild caught fish, favored by renowned chefs and seafood lovers across the world.