- 15 m
For 4 persons
- 2 salmon fillets (skinless)
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 100g spelt
- 1 courgette (sliced)
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 4 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- juice of 1 lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
- Mix 2 tablespoons of salt with the brown sugar and some pepper.
- Cover the salmon with this mixture and keep it in the fridge for 4 hours.
- Cook the spelt in boiling salted water for 15 minutes, then drain and cool.
- Cook the onion, courgette and red pepper for 5 to 6 minutes in a pan with olive oil. Add the tomatoes and spelt to the vegetables. Season with the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Rinse and drain the salmon and cook it over high heat in a pan with olive oil for 2 minutes on each side. Serve on the spelt mixture on deep plates and garnish with oregano.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.