- 40 m
One-pan Japanese salmon with sweet potato serves 2
- 1 sweet potato (cut into rounds)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- sea salt
- 8 spears tender stem broccoli
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 60ml tamarind sauce
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp honey
Instructions / directions
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the sweet potato on the baking tray, leaving room for the salmon and broccoli, and drizzle with 1 tbsp coconut oil. Toss to coat. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sea salt. Roast in oven for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the marinade by placing all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl. Whisk until combined.
- Remove the tray from oven and add the broccoli. Drizzle the remaining coconut oil and another sprinkle of sea salt. Place the two salmon fillets in the middle of the baking tray and drizzle over the marinade. Place in the oven for 12-15 minutes, or until it’s cooked to your liking. Serve with brown rice.