- 20 m
Poached salmon with beetroot, salmon caviar and sweet potato crisps serves 2
- 250g salmon fillet (skinless and boneless)
- 200g beetroot (cooked and sliced)
- 75g salmon roe (to garnish)
- 50g shallot (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 litre fish stock
- 250ml cream
- 1 large sweet potato (finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 sprig thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to season
Instructions / directions
- Fry the slices of sweet potato until crisp and season with salt. Set aside on a paper towel.
- Fry the shallot, thyme and bay leaf in the oil, then add the beetroot and garlic. Fry until soft then add the stock and boil. Add the cream, pepper and salt and reduce to desired thickness. Sieve the mixture to give a smooth creamy sauce.
- Portion the salmon into chunks then season with salt and pepper and poach or steam until just cooked. Place the salmon on the sauce and garnish with the crisps and salmon roe. Serve with a crisp green salad.
This recipe is brought to you by Mowi
Mowi is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, offering an extensive range of high-quality fish and seafood products. Mowi harnesses nature to produce nutritious, tasty and supreme quality seafood from the ocean. As a result of its ongoing innovation and sustainable development it is the world’s largest supplier of farmed Atlantic salmon, satisfying one fifth of global demand.