- 30 m
Prawn and vegetable skewers serves 4
For 4 persons
- 300g tiger prawns (raw, peeled, defrost if frozen)
- zest of 1 lime
- 10g fennel seeds
- 2 Red onions (peeled and quartered)
- 2 courgettes (sliced into strips)
- 150g cherry tomatoes
- 200ml olive oil
- 300ml fish stock
- 150ml white wine
- ½ vanilla pod
- 20ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 30g butter
- 2 shallots (finely sliced)
- 1 chili (chopped)
Instructions / directions
- Brown the shallots in a pan with some olive oil and deglaze with white wine. Add the fish stock and cook for 15 minutes. Add the cream, coconut milk, vanilla seeds and the fennel seeds and cook for 4 to 6 minutes to reduce.
- Incorporate the butter in several stages with a whisk, strain the sauce and keep it warm. Mix the lime zest and olive oil in a bowl.
- Put the prawns, courgettes, onions and the cherry tomatoes on the skewers. Brush with the lime oil and season with salt and chilli.
- Grill the skewers 2 to 3 minutes on each side and serve with rice and the sauce.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.