- 30 m
For 4 persons
- 250g king size prawns, peeled, cooked and frozen
- 320g risotto rice
- 10cl white wine
- 2 shallots
- 60g Parmesan cheese
- 50cl fish stock
- 5 saffron pistil
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 1 red onion
- ½ bunch of chives
- 2 tablespoons of thick cream
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
Boil the fish stock and keep it warm.
- Defrost the prawns.
- Cook the green asparagus in boiling water for 4-5 minutes until just tender and rinse under cold water. Drain and chop into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the shallots until softened but not coloured. Add the rice and saffron pistil and fry for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the white wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add the fish stock to the rice a ladle at a time, stirring and waiting until it has been fully absorbed before adding the next. This should take about 14 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the risotto, the cream and the asparagus and stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the prawns in a pan with olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the risotto equally among four serving dishes and top with some Parmesan, the prawns, red onion and some chives.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.