- 30 m
King prawn risotto with asparagus serves 2
- 150g king prawns (defrost if frozen)
- 180g arborio rice
- 50ml white wine
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 30g Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 250ml fish stock
- 3 saffron strands
- 1 bunch green asparagus
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- ½ bunch chives (chopped)
- 2 tbsp double cream
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
- Steam the asparagus for 4-5 minutes until just tender, then rinse under cold water. Drain and chop into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan and gently fry the shallots until softened but not coloured. Add the rice and saffron and cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the white wine and cook until liquid evaporates.
- Add the fish stock to the rice, one ladle at a time, stirring and waiting until it has been fully absorbed, before adding the next. This should take about 15 minutes. Set aside once all liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the grated Parmesan cheese (retain some for garnish) and asparagus to the risotto and stir until incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss the prawns in a pan with olive oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- To serve, divide the risotto into two bowls, and top with Parmesan, prawns, finely sliced red onion and chopped chives.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.