- 35 m
Thai shrimp serves 4
- 20 Vannamei shrimp (raw, peeled, defrost if frozen)
- 1 red onion (sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (pressed)
- 2 shallots (sliced)
- 1 lemongrass (finely sliced)
- coconut milk
- 1 red pepper (sliced)
- 1ltr fish stock
- white wine
- fresh coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 bulb fennel (sliced)
- handful sugar snap peas
Instructions / directions
- Fry the shallots, red onion, red peppers, fennel and peas, then add the curry paste, and two thirds of the lemongrass and coriander. Simmer on a low heat, then add white wine and coconut milk to desired consistency.
- Cut slices of bread in half and rub with garlic and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, fry until golden brown.
- Marinate the shrimp for half an hour in a mixture of curry paste, lemongrass, coriander, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pan fry or grill the shrimp, then keep warm in the oven.
- Place the vegetables and the sauce in a deep dish. Arrange the shrimp on the fried bread and place them on the sauce. Garnish with fresh coriander. Serve hot. Print
This recipe is brought to you by Mowi
Mowi is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, offering an extensive range of high-quality fish and seafood products. Mowi harnesses nature to produce nutritious, tasty and supreme quality seafood from the ocean. As a result of its ongoing innovation and sustainable development it is the world’s largest supplier of farmed Atlantic salmon, satisfying one fifth of global demand.