- 30 m
Trout stuffed with spinach serves 4
- 4 x 180g whole trout
- 1kg fresh spinach (or 500g frozen spinach)
- 3 slices white bread
- 2 shallots (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp parsley (chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (pressed)
- 1 knob butter
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
- Season the trout inside and out with salt and pepper.
- For the filling, boil the spinach in a pan. Remove the crusts from the slices of bread and cut into small pieces. Melt a knob of butter and a dash of olive oil in a frying pan. Fry the shallots, garlic and parsley. Add the bread and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff the filling in the trout, place them in a frying pan with melted butter and fry over a low heat for 15 minutes so that the trout gets a crispy crust. Place a little chopped parsley in the pan at the last minute.
- Serve with pilau rice and oven baked cherry tomatoes. Print
This recipe is brought to you by Mowi
Mowi is one of the largest seafood companies in the world, offering an extensive range of high-quality fish and seafood products. Mowi harnesses nature to produce nutritious, tasty and supreme quality seafood from the ocean. As a result of its ongoing innovation and sustainable development it is the world’s largest supplier of farmed Atlantic salmon, satisfying one fifth of global demand.