- 30 m
For 4 persons
- 4 rainbow trout, ready to cook, gutted, frozen
- 2 lemons
- 1 bunch of mint
- 1 shallot
- 35cl white wine
- 20cl cream
- 500g potatoes
- 20cl olive oil
- 80g butter
- Salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
Defrost the rainbow trout and keep them in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 35 minutes and keep them warm.
- Peel and cut the shallot into strips. Put it in a pan with the white wine, salt and pepper, and let reduce by half. Add the cream and let reduce again.
- With a hand blender mix the preparation with the butter and strain it with a strainer. Add some mustard and season with salt and pepper. Keep it warm.
- Season the rainbow trout with salt and pepper; add the mint and lemon slices inside. Put some olive oil over it and form a papillote with a sheet of aluminium foil or baking paper. Bake them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve the rainbow trout with potatoes and the sauce.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.