- 30 m
Trout with potatoes, lemon and mint serves 4
For 4 persons
- 4 rainbow trout, (ready to cook, gutted)
- 2 lemons
- 1 bunch mint
- 1 shallot (sliced)
- 350ml white wine
- 200ml cream
- 500g potatoes
- 200ml olive oil
- 80g butter
- salt and pepper
Instructions / directions
- Preheat the oven to210°C.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water, then keep them warm.
- Put shallots it in a pan with the white wine, salt and pepper, and reduce by half. Add the cream and reduce again.
- With a hand blender, mix the butter into the liquid, then strain it with a strainer. Add some mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste. Keep warm.
- Season the trout with salt and pepper then place the mint and lemon slices inside. Pour a little olive oil over the fish, then place them in a papillote formed with a sheet of aluminium foil or baking paper. Bake fish in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve the rainbow trout with potatoes and the sauce.
This recipe is brought to you by Escal
Escal is a family-run company specialising in frozen seafood including ASC certified responsibly farmed salmon, shrimp, and trout. The company objectives are to offer safe and tasty products coming from responsible sources and innovate in order to answer customers’ expectations in terms of taste, practicality and transparency.