ASC Administration and Office Manager
Responsible to: Head of Governance, Policy Management and Corporate Services
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Initial 12-month contract with possibility to extend, flexible working hours considered
Location: Utrecht, Netherlands with occasional international travel
Publication date of this vacancy: 16th November 2020
About the ASC
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is an independent, non-profit organisation, which sets global standards for responsible aquaculture. ASC promotes responsible aquaculture to consumers through the use of its logo on certified products.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
The ASC is a rapidly growing, global organisation. The organisation was founded as a Dutch NGO. Because of this history we have 16 people working from the office in Utrecht.
We are looking for an Administration Manager who can support both the team in the Utrecht office, and provide general administrative office support across the organisation. We are looking for a person who can facilitate the operations of the organisation and take-over various administrative tasks of staff so they can focus on their core tasks. This job is central in a growing organisation. The right person can grow this job into an exciting and key role within the organisation.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Daily Utrecht office management
- Managing and distributing incoming post and general email in-boxes
- Oversight of company travel services
- Co-ordination of internet telephone system and web-conferencing accounts
- Support Senior Management Team travel arrangements
- Logistics co-ordination/support for a small number of the main meeting events across the organisation, including the annual staff retreat, Board meetings, and Seafood Shows
- Support internal meetings
- Records management including drive system and assistance with Contacts Record Management system
- Support to the Finance and HR teams in both ad hoc and routine tasks such as recruitment and invoicing
- Supporting individual teams on general administrative tasks
- Background in administration including general office management
- Fluent in Dutch and with a strong command of English
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org