Responsible to: Head of Digital
Department: Marketing & Communications – Digital team
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full Time is preferable. However, ASC supports remote and flexible working where possible
Location: Netherlands (Utrecht)
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo. The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognize and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
Are you a hands-on communication student who would like to gain experience in digital communication in a fast-paced and international environment? Do you want to get involved in promoting sustainable seafood to a growing global population? Are you available for at least 4-6 months?
Now is your chance to be part a dynamic digital team that is working on an exciting project which entails researching, designing and building a brand new website for the ASC!
Join us for a fun, ambitious and challenging internship where you will learn a lot and develop new skills in a short time. The field of responsible and sustainable aquaculture is moving forward rapidly and our digital communication team needs support. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop their understanding of various communications practices while gaining practical experience in digital communication, project management, website planning, design and development, and content production, as well as gaining insight into stakeholder relationship management.
You will work with a communications manager and the digital communications team to lend support with our New Website project and the team’s day-to-day activities. We give you direct responsibility and your own projects in order to work independently. You will help with researching, designing and setting up our new website, have responsibility for creating and maintaining the image and asset library, support with the launch and maintenance of the new website, and you will support with communications tasks including preparation of eNewsletters and publishing news stories and blogs. There will be opportunities to work on content creation for our digital platforms if desired. There is also time to develop your own ideas to help further your personal development.
- Project support with New Website initiative
- Research, design and set up of new website
- Conceptualisation and maintenance of image and asset library
- Aftercare following launch of new website
- Digital content creation
- Work on (own) projects to further develop website such as researching and building new pages and sections
- General support with maintaining asc-aqua.org
- Publishing on asc-aqua.org: news, blogs, events etc.
- Support with monthly eNewsletter
- Support with monthly monitoring
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum availability of 4-6 months
- Degree / Bachelor / Master’s in Communication (currently studying / graduated)
- Familiarity with digital communications tools and platforms including CMS management, WordPress, Google Analytics
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Canva, Adobe Cloud Suite or other design software
- Fluent in English (spoken and with a high standard of written English)
- Ability to work effectively within a remote team structure
- Willingness to use initiative and work independently
- Self-motivated and hands-on mentality
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Interest in writing effect and concise online copy
- An interest in sustainability and environmental issues is a plus
- Valid working permit for the Netherlands
Benefits / Work Perks
You will also get;
- To be part of an organisation who are really making a difference!
- ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
- Minimum of 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff team retreats
- Employee recognition awards
- 1 free coffee a week, on us!
The ASC works across different time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required occasionally (expenses reclaim options available).
Application and Selection
Please send your cover letter and CV in English by e-mail to: email@example.com
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited for initial interviews. Successful candidates may be asked to prepare additional written materials and/or a presentation.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice that reflects the global community and therefore welcomes applications from all underrepresented groups.