Responsible to: Head of Programme Assurance team
Salary and benefits: €500 per month plus expenses
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
Contract: Full-time, 6 months
Date written: Feb 2021
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognise and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
For more information, go to www.asc-aqua.org
You will work within and support the work of the programme assurance team (PAT). One of our missions is to provide training to the ASC auditors on our standards and certification requirements. Due the travel challenges caused by the COVID 19 pandemic, we had to move the program from an in person format to a 100% online solution. We aim to improve the e-learning experience and offer our auditors a more efficient training.
The E-learning Development Intern will help us to support the technical aspects of the improvement project, working closing with the certification team. This opportunity is ideal for a student looking for a hands-on experience completing a project.
The intern will support in the creating, adapting, publishing and building of educational content on Moodle.
Some of the tasks you will learn to become responsible for are:
- Structuring and building online courses according to the training goals and content
- Creating training content on Moodle
- Working on existing PowerPoint and Word files to improve and make them suitable to be delivered online
- Improving existing courses making them more suitable for an online training context
Skills and Experience
- Master’s or Undergraduate student in Education, IT or any other subject related to e-learning
- Valid work permit for the Netherlands and availability for the full 6 month internship
- Fluent in English (spoken and with a high standard of written English)
- Willingness to use initiative and work independently
- Hands-on mentality
- Good organisational skills and attention to detail
- A big plus if you have affinity/ interest in Aquaculture, certification schemes or sustainability
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV (in English) to: email@example.com by 20th March 2021.
Selection process: Your CV, cover letter will be reviewed. A short list of candidates will be invited to take part in interview.