Responsible to: HR Manager
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: (FT, temp-perm)
Date written: Sept 2021
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010. We now have over 70 employees working all around the world, to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture by promoting certified farmed products to consumers, through the use of our logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivise improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public globally to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The purpose of the position is to provide a professional, confidential, administrative, and advisory HR service to ASC. To act as the first point of contact to ASC staff for recruitment, contractual and general HR queries while supporting the HR Manager with specific HR project work and employee relations matters, as needed.
- Manage talent acquisition process including translation of resource requirement, candidate search, selection process and offer to the best talent
- Manage onboarding of new team members
- Manage consultant contract offers and renewals
- Liaise with UK and international payroll providers to communicate monthly updates and changes
- Manage leavers process
- Co-ordinate probationary reviews
- Co-ordinate manager/employee review process
- Co-ordinate employee benefit schemes
- Provide line managers with HR support and best practise advise as required
- Maintain HRIS and all associated HR records
- Assist HR Manager with project work, as required
- Support development of learning and development programme across the business
- Provide administrative support across the HR/RGG teams as required
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience of working in an HR office environment
- Knowledge of UK employment and contractual law and statutory guidance
- Knowledge of international/European contractual laws would be an advantage
- Substantial administrative experience with strong organisational and record management skills
- Knowledge of successful talent acquisition processes and experience of using recruiter tools to find the best people
- Ability to manage varied workload including prioritisation and change of focus when required
- Strong communication skills and confidence to work with individuals at all levels both within and outside of, the organisation
- Experience of using an HR information system
- Knowledge of data protection legislation
- Pro-active and result-oriented
- Diplomatic and respectful of confidential information
- Diligent, with attention to detail
- Be part of an organisation who are really making a difference
- Flexible working
- Work station grant
- Flexible fitness grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- 25 days holiday
- Annual all staff team retreat
- Private healthcare
- Private dental insurance
- Life assurance
Application and selection process
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (in English) via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to take part in initial interviews. Successful candidates might be asked to prepare additional written materials and / or a presentation.
Application closing date: xxxxxx
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.