Responsible to: Market Development Director
Department: Market Development
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Contract: Full Time is preferable. However, ASC supports remote and flexible working where possible
Location: Preferably UK, Netherlands, or Western Europe however candidates from other locations may also be considered if skills and experience align
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognize and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
For more information, go to www.asc-aqua.org
The ASC is seeking to recruit an ASC Logo & Licensing Coordinator that will provide coordination and oversight of various ASC licensing operations related to use of the ASC’s registered trademark.
- Act as adviser and technical expert within the ASC in relation to various aspects of licensing operations: licence agreements, ASC trademark use, ASC trademark registrations, process management etc.
- Lead the development and revision of ASC policies and guidance needed for efficient and consistent implementation of licensing services towards license holders.
- Provide direction, training and guidance to the Market Development and Producer Outreach teams and all other relevant ASC employees in respect of ASC licensing operations.
- Lead the development and delivery on several ASC licensing services in a professional and pro-active manner.
- Act as adviser and main operational point of contact to the ASC’s external licensing agent in regard to ASC policies on licensing, logo use and changes and improvements within the ASC programme that have a direct or indirect relation to licensing.
Policy Development & Compliance
- Develop, implement and maintain policies for various areas of licensing and trademark registration, ensuring relevance for all jurisdictions in which ASC operates and compliance as legislation changes. This includes compliance with ISEAL and other schemes the ASC adheres to.
- Ensure all licence agreement contracts are compliant with relevant legislation and legal needs of the ASC.
- Ensure accurate and clear policies and guidance towards external stakeholders to follow ASC trademark rules of use (e.g. in various ASC Logo User Guides or on website)
- Lead on the development, revision and implementation of ASC licensing agreements, including its annexes (if needed in coordination with ASC’s external licensing agent).
Process Development & Data Management
- Manage and direct the ASC trademark register, e.g. applications for registration and oppositions.
- Management of all ASCs policies and guidelines on logo used linked to licensing services.
- Oversight and delivery of accurate and timely data collection leading to ASC staff access to accurate reports of data concerning global use of the ASC logo.
- Investigate and implement efficiency savings for ASC licensing through policies, processes and IT development.
- Direction and oversight of ASC trademark misuse and infringement program.
- Develop a process and guidance for ASC’s external licensing agent to audit the accuracy of licensee’s sales and purchase declarations.
- Create impact assessment of variations or alternative business models linked to licensing and the consequences for license holders.
- Develop impact assessment reports in relation to suspension or termination of licences.
- Refine and maintain a suspension and termination process in regard to any breaches of contract of an ASC licence agreement.
- Develop an approach to reviewing markets for unapproved ASC labelled products and materials.
- Build strong internal working relationships with various colleagues from all departments within the ASC (Market Development and Producer Outreach, Marketing Communications, Brand, Programme Assurance, Finance, Governance).
- Maintain external awareness and network links with outside organisations as relevant to the scope and remit of the role to drive continuous improvement.
- Hold the relationship with legal advisers in relation to licence agreements, trademark registration, and misuse and infringement.
- Be the first point of contact for various ASC licensing topics for the external agents that manage ASCI’s commercial licensing activities.
- Issue various types of non-commercial license agreements to external stakeholders.
- Monitor ASC mailboxes, including distribution of correspondence to relevant departments.
- Create and lead engaging employee training and pro-active knowledge sharing for all ASC colleagues in regard to existing or new policies and processes or any new IT systems related to licensing.
- Review and approve materials displaying the ASC’s trademarks when required.
- General administrative duties within the scope and remit of the role and operational needs.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fluent in English with a second language ability considered an advantage
- Relevant working experience linked to the scope and remit of this role
- Specific knowledge and understanding of logo and licencing management, usage, compliance, and enactment of best practice
- Established network of internal and external licencing stakeholders across the aquaculture industry or NFP organisations would be highly advantageous
- An engaging and trustworthy personality able to work remotely and collaboratively
- Highly engaging approach with the ability to adapt to suit the responsibilities of the role when interacting at all levels of the business, both internally and externally (represent ASC with high integrity and trust)
- Strong focus on the delivery of excellent customer services with a diplomatic and unbiased approach
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills, as evidenced by your ability to cultivate and manage relationships with partners, stakeholders and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills having the natural ability to develop analytical and systematic problem-solving behaviours. Demonstrate sound reasoning abilities and logical decision making whilst working at pace
- Strong Project Management, Planning and Time Management skills with willingness to take initiative and lead others to drive improvement in our current practices
- An understanding of global trends and environmental and / or social issues in seafood sustainability and the role that certification plays in driving positive change
- And above all a positive, enthusiastic, and fun colleague to work with!
- Be part of an organisation who are really making a difference
- Flexible / Remote working opportunities
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- Annual all staff team retreat
- 1 free coffee a week!
The ASC works across different time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required occasionally.
Application and selection process
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV in English to: email@example.com
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to take part in initial interviews. Successful candidates might be asked to prepare additional written materials and / or a presentation.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.