Reports to: General Manager for France & Belgium, regular exchange with the global Marketing and Communications team
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Working hours: Full time
Location: France (ASC supports remote working and can be flexible in the location)
Date written: May 2021
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organization established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivizes improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public globally to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood.
For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
About the role
Over the last years, France has become one of the most important markets for the ASC.
As the number of products continues to grow, so too does the importance of communicating and educating about responsible aquaculture and the role of the ASC programme in achieving better environmental and social outcomes for the industry. We are therefore seeking a dynamic and hands-on Marketing manager. You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the French marketing strategy, and associated assets, to enhance awareness and understanding of the ASC and our logo, and working with a wide array of internal and external stakeholders and target audiences.
Together with the French communications manager, you will develop, implement and evaluate local campaigns and create marketing materials and activities, partly together with key partners. You are responsible for promoting the values and benefits of the ASC programme among target audiences by understanding their needs and concerns, and devise activities and outputs that demonstrate the added value of ASC partners’ commitment, investment and support for the ASC. The post-holder needs to combine strategic thinking with a ‘hands-on’ approach. This post involves a good deal of creative and lateral thinking in order to ensure that ASC aims and activities are effectively promoted and delivered.
We expect the post holder to be an advocate of our mission and passionate about our core purpose and values. Ours is a fast paced work environment and you must be adept at managing multiple priorities while delivering results on time.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
1. Marketing strategy for France
- Develop and implement – in close collaboration with the local ASC team – a marketing strategy for the French market in line with ASC’s overall marketing strategy (including segmentation, targeting, value proposition, messaging, partnerships, campaigns and calendar of events).
- Maximize direct and leveraged marketing opportunities, working closely with ASC’s commercial team in the region, global marketing colleagues and industry counterparts.
- Support effective stakeholder communications from a marketing side, reinforcing the ASC’s value proposition.
- Manage ASC brand in the French market, ensuring consistent brand expression in line with ASC style guide, both externally and internally.
2. Implement local marketing campaigns such as “Semaine du poisson responsable”
- Develop, with the local team, a campaign brief including messaging and artwork, and coordinate the execution of the campaign according to project plans and objectives
- Develop non-commercial partnerships for exposure and enhancing reach of ASC, including working with educational institutions, celebrities, ambassadors and chefs.
- Track progress and implementation of the campaign, monitor results and impacts and optimise efficiency
3. Conduct bilateral marketing activities with partners
- Provide ASC’s point of contact for our partners´ marketing departments to coordinate and implement joint marketing activities, improve client retention, acquisition and customer service.
- Improve commercial partner marketing engagement with the ASC in the French market by creating and maintaining a marketing toolkit,
- Identify and implement opportunities for partnerships that contribute to the ASC mission.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with key agencies and suppliers.
4. Work on consumers’ awareness and understanding by working on digital and print marketing assets
- Develop high quality promotional materials and attractive publications and print matter enhancing the ASC’s public image and engagement.
- Identify and develop opportunities to incorporate social media, paid media and other digital MarComms tactics alongside other communication channels in fully integrated multi-channel communications and marketing campaigns
- Strategic development of social media assets for integrated multi-channel marketing and communications campaigns, partly together with commercial partners and non-commercial stakeholders.
- Work with the Communications Manager to build consumer understanding, drawing on the ASC Globescan survey and other relevant data and insights.
- Design, tailor and deliver consumer promotional activity that will meet objectives in building awareness, understanding and desire for the ASC label.
Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in marketing or communications discipline.
- Proven experience in a similar role in a company, agency or organization, with responsibility for developing, managing and/or operating marketing campaigns or promotions, preferably in an environmental, NGO or food/retail related context.
- Extensive knowledge and practical experience of brand, marketing and creative industries, with existing contacts and networks highly desirable.
- Significant experience of co-ordinating internal and external partners and stakeholders in successful delivery of projects or campaigns.
- Proven experience of producing high quality campaign concepts, toolkits and associated materials.
- Strong project management skills : track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of projects – ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects, and of managing project teams.
- Experience of using digital and social media platforms in support of objectives.
- Keen sense of new and upcoming trends, especially in the digital engagement.
- Strategic thinker, able to grasp complex and intellectually challenging ideas. Great computer literacy, including high levels of proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with graphic programs (Photoshop, InDesign etc.), analytical programs (Google Analytics, Kissmetrics) or engagement tools (HootSuite) an advantage.
- Native French speaker and fluency in English as the ASC’s organisational language
- Experience of delivering communications focused on environmental and sustainability issues an advantage. Knowledge of third party certification schemes and the role of eco-labelling an advantage.
- Strategic thinker and planner, able to grasp complex and intellectually challenging ideas and communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team to deliver complex projects.
- Strong focus on delivery of excellent customer services (including expectation management).
- Articulate, creative, passionate, flexible and tenacious: ability to get results and to be persistent and enthusiastic in achieving these.
- Good sense for language as well as for design.
- Attention to detail, diplomacy and discretion.
- Ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment.
- Confidence and ability to gain credibility with and the respect of staff at all levels of the ASC, and to build effective relationships with colleagues, stakeholders, suppliers and collaborators, with a people-centred and consultative approach to business and work essential
- Influencing, negotiating and problem solving skills.
- Ability to combine self-management when working alone with productive team membership.
- Empathy and interest in the ASC’s mission and objectives.
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (in English) as well as your salary expectations) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection process: Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed. A short list of candidates will be invited to take part in initial interviews. Successful candidates might be asked to prepare additional written materials and / or a presentation.
Application closing date: June 25, 2021
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.