Responsible to: Head of Policy Management and Quality
Salary and benefits: TBD
Contract: Full time permanent, flexibility for the right candidate
Location: Ideally UK but flexible within Europe for the right candidate
Date written: June 2021
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010. We now have over 70 employees working all around the world, to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture by promoting certified farmed products to consumers, through the use of our logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivise improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public globally to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
As part of ensuring the ASC remains relevant and effective it is crucial we continue work to develop the ASC programme. ASC is committed to best practice development processes and is a code compliant member of the ISEAL Alliance. This means standards and assurance programme development must engage stakeholders effectively, carefully research technical aspects of new tools and deliver consistently high quality standards. This in turn will allow ASC to maximise its impact and help deliver on its mission.
ASC’s growing programme seeks more expertise and capacity to support these developments, enabling improved processes and efficiency. We are looking for someone driven to deliver results to help us improve ASC’s programme development. The role will focus specifically on stakeholder engagement activities and supporting standards and assurance projects through the governance process.
This role sits within the Policy Development and Quality function of the ASC’s Resources and Governance Group and will work closely with the Standards and Science, Programme Assurance, Market Development and Communications teams. The successful applicant will be able to directly contribute to the delivery of ASC’s most important strategic developments.
There are three main objectives for this role:
1. Deliver effective public consultations in compliance with ISEAL Standard Setting Code of Best Practice;
2. Contribute to improved programme management for ASC’s Standards and Assurance programmes;
3. Improve effectiveness of quality management processes within programme development projects.
- Support stakeholder consultation processes including participation planning, tool selection, delivery and leading development of an evaluation process (50% of role)
- Develop and maintain project managment tools to aid communication and risk monitoring for programme development.
- Support development and delivery of quality assurance processes for policy development projects.
- Provide meeting support for engagement activities and governance.
Key qualifications and knowledge
- Master’s degree in relavent subject including social research methods or proven relavent experience;
- Understanding of environmental and social issues and the role of third-party certification systems in addressing these;
- Quality or project management qualifications an advantage;
- Proficient in the use of standard software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) other data visualistation tools an advantage.
Required skills and experience
- Experience of successful project management including stakeholder engagement.
- Experience of implementing quality control and assurance processes.
- Experience of survey design and evaluation.
- Knowledge of social research methods in practice.
- Successful management of events and complex meetings.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and stakeholders across the globe;
- Experience of multi-stakeholder initiatives and consensus building;
- Comfortable working with Executives and teams to deliver on shared goals;
- Collaborative working style;
- Diplomatic with the ability to garner support and cooperation amongst colleagues and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills (English), additional languages an advantage.
- Excellent presentation, communication and reporting skills and ability to shape those to suit a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Pro-active and result-oriented;
- Diligent with attention to detail;
- Focused on working with integrity and building credibility;
Application and selection process
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (in English) via: email@example.com.
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to take part in initial interviews. Successful candidates might be asked to prepare additional written materials and/or a presentation.
Application closing date: 26th July 2021
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.