Responsible to: Financial Controller
Salary and benefits: Based on experience
Location: London, UK- Croydon office, working from home as required
Date written: 01.06.2021
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010. We now have over 70 employees working all around the world, to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture by promoting certified farmed products to consumers, through the use of our logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivise improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public globally to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The purpose of the position is to provide further support in the finance department. This role requires supervision of two operational staff (PL & SL), ensuring month end procedure is complete, the Mgt Acct will then prepare & reconcile all financial statements for all the ASC entities (4). Payroll process and reconciliation makes a big part of preparing the Management Accounts. The Mgt Acct will also work with the Finance Controller to assist with the consolidated accounts. ASC income needs to be analysed on accrued income basis, this task requires high skills in PivotTable, Vlookup and Index/Match formulas .This role allows growth in managing staff, growth in experience of financials & audits, and be in a position to grow with the company.
- Process of 14 Payrolls Payment around the globe and Payroll reconciliation to Agents’ reports (60-80 employees to process)
- External Audit- main point of contact for providing required information for 4 entities in the UK and NL – ye 31 Dec 20 xx
- Reconciliation of Trial Balance (balance sheet / P&L areas) (Depreciation, Accrued Income, Prepayments, Accruals)
- Preparation and timely production of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of quarterly Group VAT return (currency translation from EUR to GBP)
- Review monthly Bank reconciliation (four different currencies)
- Review sale ledger Income- eCert/Sage reconciliation on invoices from two systems (Vlookup, Index/Match formulas)
- Update Gift Aid records and prepare date for corporation tax return
- Assist and support in development of both Purchase and Sale Ledgers financial assistants
- Maintain Finance Calendar in respect of activities undertaken by finance assistants
- Monitoring and update Cash in / out flow
- 1st responsibility of checking & approval for bankline payment run, fortnightly
- Inter- company invoicing
- Asset Register – file update
- PQ Management Account, current studier – final stage
- 3 years+ experienced, having worked at purchase ledger, progressing to preparing financial statements
Required skills and experience
- Payroll knowledge
- High level excel skills, look-up, pivot tables, index/match, sumif, & formulas
- Experience in financial reconciliations
- Experience in banking, internet banking
- Some Charity experience would be desirable
- Good communication, written & online platforms
- Ability to guide & assist PL, SL
- Ability to add value, ability to grow in decision making
- Ability and ambition to work with Finance Controller
Application and selection process
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (in English) via: email@example.com.
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to take part in initial interviews. Successful candidates might be asked to prepare additional written materials and / or a presentation.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups.