Based: UK – Home based / remote working. Applications from other locations may be considered if skills and experience align.
Contract: Full Time however ASC supports remote & flexible working opportunities
Salary: Competitive with great benefits
ASC is currently looking for an energetic Quality Manager to join our Policy & Quality Management team to support the growth and impact of the Aquaculture Stewardship Council. As a maturing organisation that has seen strong growth in recent years, this role will ensure internal systems are further developed to support continued growth and assure the quality of ASC’s leading global certification programme.
Who are ASC?
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the use of its ASC-logo.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages an industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
We work across the globe with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public to make it very easy to recognize and buy farmed seafood that meets the highest environmental standards.
The role – Quality Manager
We are looking for someone to build on existing process, developing a robust QMS system to ensure consistent standards within the ASC’s certification programme. This role will be focused on ensuring the ASC remains in compliance with leading external best-practice guides, contributing to our external credibility. This role will involve close coordination with technical teams as well as governance functions, requiring you to develop strong key relationships and influential partnership across the organisation. Management of implementation of the recently revised Complaints Management System will offer further opportunity to bolster the credibility of the ASC.
What would I be responsible for?
You will be joining the charity at an exciting time of growth to pro-actively lead actions on a daily basis, to:
Develop and maintain a robust Quality Management System (QMS)
- Mapping and evaluation of current system, practices and matching to relevant ISO standards
- Implement appropriate system following evaluation with effective document control
- Coordination with Standards & Science (SAS) Team and Programme Assurance Team (PAT) to support process leads with design and connections across the QMS
- Boost engagement, interaction, leaning, development, and interactive training for all ASC employees on the QMS to ensure consistent approach, practices and clear understanding of process
- Introduce internal audit programme reporting into management review structure
Become Process Champion (Process Lead) for the Compliance Programme
- Map all existing commitments (e.g., ISEAL, GSSI, SSCI etc.)
- Manage compliance programme schedule
- Work with technical leads across the organisation to prepare and review submissions for audit and evaluation
- Coordinate full consultation submissions associated with compliance programme membership and development for the future
- Coordinate the Corrective Action Plan delivery and empower key internal stakeholders to own and deliver on agreed actions
Develop and Lead our Complaints Management System (CMS)
- Work with the Head of Policy Management & Quality to implement the revised Complaints Management System, taking the lead role on development, completion and roll-out
- Lead full and interactive training for all ASC employees on the revised system to ensure consistent approach, practices, and clear understanding of process
- Create clear external view and interactions with the new system and process
- Maintain system providing regular reporting into management review
Are you the person we need?
You will be a self-motivated and resilient ‘Quality Expert’ able to work at pace with a natural desire to make a difference within the Aquaculture industry. You will have strong planning, communication, influencing and project management skills with sound quality management, auditing, and ISO standards knowledge (ISO 9004:2018, 10006:2017).
You will ideally have a diploma/degree level education in a relevant disciple, with hands-on exposure/experience of development and delivery of QMS, operating dispute management systems/processes (ISO 10002/10003) and be IRCA certified to ISO 9001 Auditor level.
Prior experience in a related industry, sector or in a not-for-profit environment will be an advantageous for his role. You must also be eligible to live and work in the location for this role with fluency in English – other multi-lingual ability would be great but is not essential.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone looking to join a fun and energetic global team focused on setting and supporting global standards for responsible and sustainable aquaculture for future generations to come!
You will also get;
- to be part of an organisation who are really making a difference!
- Flexible / Remote working opportunities
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive benefits
- Workstation grant
- Flexible fitness / wellbeing grant
- Paid time to volunteer, up to 6 days per year
- All staff team retreat
- 1 free coffee a week, on us!
The ASC works across different time zones so the pattern of hours may vary according to operational needs. Some domestic and international travel and overnight stays may be required occasionally.
Sign me up – how do I apply?
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV, in English, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your CV and cover letter will be considered, and we will make a shortlist of candidates to invite to interview. Sometimes you may be asked to prepare additional written materials, past work examples and/or a presentation. Interviews will generally be held via Teams.
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of choice, reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.