Responsible to: Head of Supply Chain Assurance
Team/ Department: Programme Assurance
Location: Flexible, remote (offices available in Utrecht and London)
Salary and benefits: Commensurate with experience
Hours: Full time
Starting date: As soon as possible
About the ASC
ASC is an independent, not-for-profit organisation established in 2010 to set and operate global standards for responsible aquaculture. Certified farmed products are promoted to consumers through the ASC logo. We work with aquaculture producers, seafood processors, retail and foodservice companies, scientists, conservation groups and the public globally to promote the best environmental and social choice in farmed seafood. For more information, go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The aquaculture industry is growing and already supplies more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide. With this growing demand comes an increased environmental and social footprint. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood and encourages the industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
The ASC is a growing organisation. We have about 75 people working from various countries, including the Netherlands, UK, Germany, Spain, Australia, Japan, China, Japan, Thailand, Vietnam, Brazil and the US. There are five functional departments: Standards and Science, Programme Assurance, Market Development, Marketing Communications, and Administration/Governance. We operate offices in Utrecht (NL) and in London (UK) for staff based in these countries.
The Program Assurance Team consists of about 10 staff and is made up of two sub-teams: Certification Assurance and Supply Chain Assurance. Together these teams deal with management of standards certification processes and supply chain assurance behind the ASC logo.
The Programme Assurance Team (PAT) manages all key processes that interface with accreditation and certification to ensure the application of the ASC standards and requirements is robust, consistent and delivers on the intent of the ASC Programme. That includes overseeing the MSC/ASC Chain of Custody certification processes, among other related activities. The objective is to develop data and technology driven systems, processes and tools that deliver an efficient and high level of assurance that balances stakeholder expectations and proactively deals with integrity challenges but, as and when needed, coordinates organisational responses reactively to address problems.
We are looking for a Senior Supply Chain Assurance Manager who will be an important member of PAT. This position will lead projects and operations that are essential to maintaining and improving confidence of stakeholders in our assurance services.
Main tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and implement projects to develop and improve assurance tools such as the Supplier Monitoring Tool, Trace Element Fingerprinting, Transaction Verification and other new tools.
- Handle incidents and implement due diligence in collaboration with colleagues within ASC and with partners such as the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and supply chain companies.
- Provide input into various policy development processes within ASC related to ASC standards, Certification and Accreditation Requirements and MSC Chain of Custody.
- Contribute to developing and implementing Programme Assurance strategies to achieve the ASC vision and mission.
- Other tasks as required within the team.
Key personal attributes (quick list only)
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability and confidence to take decisions
- Improvement driven
- Proven work experience, preferably in seafood supply chains
- Project management experience, ability to manage projects and deliver outcomes
- Solid knowledge of how certification schemes work
- Experience with chain of custody and/ or food safety certification
- Experience and/or knowledge in traceability platforms and related assurance technologies
- Experience with data analysis and/ or reading laboratory test results
- Familiarity with risk management approaches and related technologies
- Excellent communication skills, including across diverse audiences and cultures
- Experience working in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Experience or knowledge in anti-fraud methods would be an asset
- Fluent in English, other languages would be an asset
Application and selection process
Please e-mail your cover letter and CV (in English) via: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your CV and cover letter will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to take part in initial interviews. Successful candidates might be asked to prepare additional written materials and / or a presentation.
Application closing date: 7th January 2022
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the global community and therefore particularly welcome applications from all under represented groups