Technical & Operations Support Manager
Responsible to: Head of Standards Team
Salary and benefits: TBD
Contract: 1 FTE
Location Ideally Europe but may be flexible for the right candidate
Date written: November, 2020
The Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) is an independent, non-profit organisation, which sets global standards for responsible aquaculture. ASC promotes responsible aquaculture to consumers through the use of its logo on certified products.
The aquaculture industry is growing strongly and is already supplying more than half of all seafood consumed worldwide, but this growing demand increases the environmental and social footprint associated with this expansion. The ASC certification and labelling programme incentivises improved farming practices by promoting the benefits of responsibly farmed seafood in the market to encourage industry towards achieving environmental sustainability and social responsibility. For more information go to www.asc-aqua.org.
The Standards and Science (SaS) Department is made up of three Teams: 1) Standards Team, 2) Research Team and 3) Impacts Team. Collectively, these teams cover work streams that deal with standard development and implementation, conducting research and assimilating farm performance data to serve multiple purposes both within and external to the organization. The Department currently consists of 10 staff, each responsible for a number of specific projects as well operational workflows
The Standards and Science Department focuses on Standard maintenance, which includes the development of new Standards and the maintenance of current ones via reviews and revisions. These activities follow the normative ASC Standard Setting Procedure (compliant with the ISEAL Code of Good Practice – Setting Social and Environmental Standards). This Procedure is informed by information regarding the performance of the various requirements of the Standards which is collected via three mechanisms, each underpinned by their own processes.
To progress with the development of these technical and operational processes and tasks and to collaborate in other related workstreams, the ASC is looking for a Technical & Operations Support Manager.
The Technical & Operations Support Manager will support the Standards Team in matters related to:
Standard Setting Process and Related Processes:
- Manage the Issue Log, Variance Request and Q&A process, in line relevant (normative) procedures;
- Coordinate and maintain, in liaison with the Marketing and Communication Department and relevant colleagues within SaS, the content of the related Standard consultation pages.
- Provide technical support for various SaS Department external outreach activities (e.g. training, workshops, webinars, surveys, etc.);
- Represent ASC in multiple forums, as required.
Organisational & Management:
- Manage day to day external communication to SaS Department;
- Responsible for the document control process for the SaS Department, including presentation on website and liaison with clients and CABs;
- Produce high quality written and verbal reports, papers, briefings, background documents, presentations and other outputs, as required.
Qualifications and experience:
- Master’s Degree within Aquaculture, or related study field;
- Understanding of environmental and social issues of the aquaculture industry and the role of third-party certification systems in addressing these;
- Solid practical experience in the aquaculture industry, or related field;
- Practical experience with third party certifications. This may come from previous work experience as responsible for implementing or auditing aquaculture related standards or from previous technical work experience in certification bodies auditing for aquaculture related standards;
- Proven project coordination experience – preferably in multi-stakeholder settings;
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Proficiency in a second language is considered an advantage;
- Excellent presentation, communication and reporting skills and ability to shape those to suit a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Proficient in the use of standard software packages (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Readiness and passion to contribute to the ASC’s mission and vision;
- Empathy with the ASC Theory of Change;
- Able to manage relationships with colleagues, stakeholders and others successfully and with a people-centred approach to work;
- Able to work with colleagues collaboratively using an open communication style;
- Able to work across the organisation with other departments;
- Able to think and work independently, systematically and to make pragmatic decisions in a rapidly changing environment;
- Pro-active and result-oriented;
- Diplomatic with the ability to garner support and cooperation amongst colleagues and external stakeholders;
- And not unimportant …. be an enthusiastic and fun colleague to work with!
Please e-mail a cover letter and CV detailing how you meet the criteria to: email@example.com by 30th November 2020.
Please click here to read the full job description.
Applications will be reviewed and a short list of candidates will be invited to interview remotely.