For processors, traders, supply chain companies handling ASC certified products (MSC CoC Standard)
2. Company contacts MSC/ASC-accredited CAB (check: www.asi-assurance.org/s/find-a-cab)*
ASC strongly recommends asking more than 1 certifier to submit quotes for the work
3. Company contracts MSC/ASC-accredited CAB
4. CAB assesses company
5. CAB processes audit findings and takes certification decision within 30 days of the audit3:
- Compliant (certified)
- Not (yet) compliant (not (yet) certified) – Based on level of non-compliancy, CAB and client can agree on a time-bound improvement plan
6. CAB will then update the audit report and send company a finalised version within 10 days of this decision. (Where necessary, company will be asked to sign off some sections of the audit report to confirm accuracy.)
7. CAB uploads document onto the MSC database (Ecert), covering scope, subcontractors, suppliers, audit date, the final audit report, certificate and unique chain of custody code.
8. Data from eCert is periodically excerpted to ASC and uploaded onto the ASC website.
*Please note: ASC does not determine the cost of certification. To receive a quote for certification, please contact the accredited CABs listed at www.asi-assurance.org/s/find-a-cab.
3) In case a non-conformity exists; within 30 days of receiving evidence that leads to the closure or downgrading of the non-conformity.
To contact your local ASC office, find your local representative in our Marketing Development team.