Fish farms that meet ASC’s scientifically robust standards can sell their products bearing the ASC logo. These products are traceable back to the farm so that every consumer and company can trust the origin of their farmed seafood.
The ASC logo:
- Reassures consumers they’re making a responsible purchase
- Rewards certified farms for their responsible practises
- Increases global demand and market access for certified seafood
- Helps protect our environment and secure the livelihoods of local communities
- Ensures the ongoing availability of seafood for future generations
Longer term, it also incentivises non-certified farms to work harder to reduce any damaging environmental and social impacts.
Find out more about our Theory of Change by having a look at the documents below.